Friday, June 02, 2006

An enjoyable work of fiction

I went to watch The Da Vinci Code yesterday. Just as I liked the book, I enjoyed the movie too. For me it was a work of fiction and I am not going to lose any sleep over the theories expounded by the author Dan Brown.

As such, I don’t understand all the street protests, candlelight vigils, hunger strikes and legal suits across the world that followed the release of the movie. I simply do not see the movie, or the book, as a threat to the Christian church or its followers.

And I, for one, thought director Ron Howard had done justice to the book and don’t think the movie deserved the bad reviews it got on its openings.

At the end of the day, it is a just movie (and book) that worked well by simply tweaking into our inquisitive minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home