Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Apple juice anyone? Not for me though

I found this interesting letter in The Star today. After this, no more apple juices for me from these vendors.

Here’s a recipe for more than just apple juice

“Recently I had the “privilege” of sitting near the drinks counter at a certain eatery.

As I sat there enjoying my curry laksa, one of the many waiters in the shop shouted: “Apple juice satu!”

So the “juice man” proceeded to make the juice.

I had a close-up view and decided from then on I would never ever order juice from such food outlets again.

If you read the recipe below, you’ll know why.

1. Blend half an apple in a dirty juicer. Make sure the juicer contains remnants from this morning, yesterday and the day before yesterday. This should give you an eighth of a cup of liquid.

2. Go to a pail of water under a dripping sink. Get half a cup of water from the pail and add to juicer. Shake well to ensure that everything blends well. This should bring the cup to three-quarters full.

3. Add a quarter cup of thick syrup and some ice. Stir. Make sure one or two drops of sweat from forehead is added to the blend, to produce a slightly salty taste. Enjoy.”

- Hearts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home