Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A noisy, majestic landing

Watch this video clip to see how close the landing plane is to the people enjoying the beach.

Superb. I can imagine the engine noise roaring and the almighty plane gliding down.

I have seen pictures of such close landings before but this is the first video clip I could lay my hands on.

The airport is Princess Juliana, located in the Netherland Antilles. Also known as the Dutch island of St Maarten.

According to what I gathered, the runway starts right at the fence, so the landing is a good one for heavy planes.

Apparently a lot of 747s and A340s land there and have to land immediately after the fence because of the distance it takes them to stop.

Enjoy this cool clip.


Insane 747-400 Landing - Watch the top videos of the week here

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home