Thursday, June 15, 2006

Don’t blame me, I just made them


There are about 100 million Kalashnikov assault rifles in the world today. This is the weapon of choice for all terrorists, freedom fighters and rebels all around the globe.

The assault rifle’s design by completed by Mikhail Kalashnikov in 1947 and two years later, it was the standard issue for the Soviet army.

Today, even the inventor is mystified as to why his AK-47 is such a favourite amongst the rogues. The 86-yar-ols gun maker says:

"Whenever I look at TV and I see the weapon I invented to defend my motherland in the hands of these bin Ladens I ask myself the same question: How did it get into their hands'?"

But he is not apologetic over it and defends himself by saying:

"I didn't put it in the hands of bandits and terrorists and it's not my fault that it has mushroomed uncontrollably across the globe. Can I be blamed that they consider it the most reliable weapon?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home