Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Only the first and last letters matter actually

Can you read what’s written below? I am sure you can as researchers have shown that our brain actually only looks for the first and last letters in a word and automatically recognise that word.

Don’t believe me? Go on give it a try and see if you can read, understand and comprehend the gibberish paragraph below:

“i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh?”

Amazing huh, our brain?


p/s:
thanks to the unknown sender who had emailed this jumbled paragraph to me, asking me to forward it. I, in turn, just blogged it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly amazing I was able to read it easily.
I believe thats why its the best parallel processor till date..

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home