Sunday, August 20, 2006

The wait is finally over

Finally after months of waiting, English Premier League is here again. Once again the team to chase will be Chelsea, with all Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal trying their best to derail the mega-rich club to take the ultimate prize.

Liverpool started the new season with a game against new-boys Sheffield United at Bramall Lane. I was at this match – a first for me to watch my team Liverpool play live.

And you know what? It was an unforgettable experience. There I was seeing these Liverpool players, some already legends, playing in flesh! I even saw Robbie Fowler (the God) score.

The only sore point was that Liverpool didn’t win. But then I am not too worried over that. It is a long season and this was after all an away game, where four players made their debut for Liverpool. They will play better in the coming months and surely be in a better position to catch Chelsea.

Chelsea and Manchester have their matches tomorrow but in the remaining matches today, some of the early favourites didn’t do too well as well. Arsenal drew at home while Spurs lost away.

Still, as I mentioned, these are early days still. Teams will pick up the tempo and I am sure the big guns will start firing soon, Liverpool included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home