Tuesday, August 08, 2006

You are never too clever…

A short story which befits that political happenings in the world today:

Once upon a time the Devil came to a man called Nat and offered him all earthly powers in return for his soul when he died.

“All powers natural and unnatural?” said Nat.

“Of course,” said the Devil.

“My soul to be delivered to you on my death, no matter how long or short the intervening period?”

“Yes,” said the Devil.

“Done,” said Nat. “First of all, I would like to claim eternal youth and immortality.”

“Can’t do that,” said the Devil. “Then I would never get your soul.”

“You promised me all powers,” said Nat. “You can’t back out now.”

“Yes, but…” said the Devil. “What line of business are you on anyway?”

“The insurance business,” said Nat. “There is nothing you can teach me about small print.”

“I would like to rethink the deal,” said the Devil.

“Too late for that,” said Nat. “You have made the offer verbally. That makes it legally binding.”


MORAL: Being all-powerful doesn’t necessarily make you clever.


(p/s: from the independent on Aug 7, 2006, page 31)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home