Monday, March 26, 2007

Me and the cup with the big ears

First I thought it was a crazy idea – to stand in a long queue to touch and get a photo taken with the UEFA Champions League trophy.

I just didn’t want to stand in the waiting line. And I didn’t but I still managed to touch the trophy and have my photo taken next to it, all thanks to some friends who were kind enough to let me into their party.

I saw the list of clubs that have won this prestigious tournament and when I saw Liverpool’s name etched in the trophy as the winners of 2005, I felt a shiver down my spine.

The friends who were with me near the trophy were hardcore Arsenal and Man Utd fans and I am sure they too felt the power of the trophy.

Anyway, the trophy has travelled out to Asia for the first time for a six-week tour which kicked off on Feb 23 in Tokyo. It was in KL over the weekend – at the Curve.

After seeing the trophy, I understand the lure it has over the players in the European leagues. I just wish it returns to Anfield this summer!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home